IVA (Emily Samson Tepe) gives private vocal training to promising singers looking to develop their authentic voice. She listens for a student’s unique talents and works to develop them through technique, expression, and artistic guidance. Emily also gives public masterclasses and organizes live performances for her students to help develop their stage presence. Vocal styles include classical, crossover, musical theatre, jazz and pop rock. Artistic development guidance is provided for select singers, as is songwriting coaching.
Monday/Wednesday/Thursday at my home until 9pm.
Tuesday at Accent Kirkwood until 8pm
Sunday at my home from noon-8pm
New York, NY:
VOICE LESSON POLICIES
Effective January 1, 2017
1. FEES — total monthly lesson fees ($40 per half-hour lesson, $60 per forty-five minute lesson and $80 per one-hour lesson) are paid at the first lesson of each month with cash or check. Checks are to be made out to IVA Voice and Music LLC. No lessons are given on credit and no postdated checks are accepted. Any returned checks must be reimbursed with added fees. If you have more than two checks returned, you will be put on a cash only basis. Please discuss any extenuating circumstances with me.
2. LESSON SCHEDULING – Lesson scheduling is handled directly with me over the phone at 302-545-3885 or at the following e-mail address: email@example.com. My schedule is visible online at www.ivavoice.com/schedule if you need to check on your lesson times, or schedule a lesson, which you can do directly with me once you’ve found times that work for you.
3. CANCELLATIONS — If a lesson is missed without a minimum of 24 hours notice, you will be expected to pay for that lesson before receiving any other lessons. Please notify me directly as early as possible if you will have to miss a lesson. In case of sudden illness of a student or parent, please let me know first thing in the morning before going to work or school, or you will be expected to pay for that day’s lesson.
4. TEACHER ILLNESS – If I am ill and need to cancel lessons, I will find a time to make up the missed lesson with you. If we cannot find a suitable time, I will refund the lesson.
5. SNOW POLICY – If there is snow and you are not able to come to your lesson or do not feel comfortable driving, I will be happy to make up the lesson or do the lesson over Skype/FaceTime during your lesson time. I will not be able to refund the lesson, however.
6. PROMPTNESS — If you are late, you should still expect the lesson to end on time. If I am running late, I will try to give you your full lesson time. Please allow for some time flexibility.
7. PROCEDURE — When you arrive at the studio for your lesson, please come into the house and wait until the previous student’s lesson is over.
8. MATERIALS — Come to lessons with a voice recorder and sheet music in a book or a three ring binder, or loaded onto an iPad.